Are you an expert in your business? If so, you never have to experience writer’s block again.
If you’re sitting at your keyboard and staring blankly at your screen unsure what to write then you’re trying to sell no educate. Any time you’re trying too hard to come up with some clever message or pithy blog post but can’t consider you’re trying to hard to manipulate people into buying from you. Instead, educate them.
80/20 Rule for Blogging: Educate 80% and Sell 20%. When you sell, sell proudly and directly asking people to take action.
Fact is you gotta sell to stay in business. But when we try to disguise a sales message in a blog post, our minds tend to stop working because we’re trying to serve 2 masters. Here are several business blogging ideas that eliminate writer’s block.
- Write a blog post about one of your clients. Who they are & Who they serve. What they do. When they got started. Where they are. Why they’re different from their competition. How to get in touch with them.
- Tell a horror story typical for your industry and how your business help people avoid having their own personal horror story from your industry. Hint: the solution involves buying your product or service.
- Tell a Customer Service story. Mention what went wrong. How the problem was resolved. How everyone kissed and made up.
- Write a post about what’s changing in your industry. Government compliance, technology, trends or anything else that affects the way your industry does business.
- Tell a funny story about yourself, your staff or a funny situation.
- Write a sales piece about once a week. Ask people to buy or recommend you.
What have I missed? What types of articles do you write for your business blog?