If you’re in business, you need a website. If you disagree, don’t read this Article Series and keep standing by your fax machine waiting for orders to come in. In this series, we will look at what you need to do to build a website that makes a profit for your business.
Bubba is a term of love and affection that honors my Southern Roots and is my alter ego.
- Bubba will try anything.
- Bubba is curious as hell.
- Bubba doesn’t trust anyone. Especially carpet baggers trying to sell him something.
- Bubba is quite simple when it comes to people. He likes you or he doesn’t.
- Bubba is quite complex when it comes to what works in business. The proof is in the pudding.
- Bubba hates politicians and relying on anyone.
- Bubba is a straight shooter and tells you like it is from his point of view and understanding.
Let’s get started.
Part 1: Bubba Builds a Website
What is a website? Technically a website is a set of files people can view using a web browser stored on a computer connected to the internet.
Why have a website? You can have a website for pretty near any dang reason at all. Business, Personal, Inter-Business, Blogging, Video Blogging, etc. (Imagine Bubba in the Forrest Gump movie telling Forrest how many ways you can fix yourself some shrimp). There’s at least that many types of websites. For this article we’re talking about Business Websites.
What is a Business Website? A website that fulfills a specific business objective(s).
Business Website Considerations:
- Decide the business objective you want your website to fulfill. Your objective determines the design and functionality.
- Lead Generation.
- Revenue generation (online store, membership site).
- Customer service.
- Marketing, Promotion, Traffic & Conversion
- Once you know the type of website you need you’ve gotta get people to find it.
- When people find your site, you have to get them to take the desired action (call you, join you email list, buy a product)
- This is the Realm of SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Testing, Measuring, Maintenance & Upkeep
- Testing offers and measuring results is business 101 and essential to meeting your business objectives.
- SEO Friendly CMS (content management system) websites is the current state of the art for website development.
- Content Publishing & Promotion Plan
- Interwoven into your Marketing Plan should be a content publication plan for your website.
- Once your content is published is should be promoted throughout your social media network and to your clients/prospects.
- Effective SEO & SEM friendly content that attracts prospects in your target niche.
- Internet based communications plan
- Email, Social media & CRM based strategy to move your prospects and clients to the next step in your sales process.
This a very high level overview of a business website plan.
Terry Hall aka Bubba is a business guy who integrates online technology into a dynamic web presence helping businesses make a profit. Terry is available to help your business start profiting via a dynamic web presence that gets potential clients to call/email you.